Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Snips & snails, and puppy-dog tails...

...that's what little boys are made of."
~old-school nursery rhyme, circa early 19th century.


Dear Gav,
 Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being such a BOY. Truly, I mean it-- thank you for living up to this reputation and for never letting me down in this regard. Especially in recent weeks.







You always find (exciting, unexpected) ways to surprise me and keep me on my toes.





From the moment I learned we were to have a son, I didn't quite know what to expect but couldn't wait to learn.

(yes, those would indeed be SOCKS in the ice tray.)



There certainly is never a dull moment with you in our lives, and I appreciate the fact that you have taught me to loosen up a little, and laugh at the constant, silly insanity that you bring to this home  :-)




And despite the fact that you may create a little bit more work for me around the house these days, I couldn't imagine a day without you in my life. So, Gav-- thank you, thank you, thank you!

Love you billions and billions!

XoXo,
Momma

1 comment:

It's now what I need said...

Totally can't beat Ava with pads all over herself in the bathroom!!! Priceless. And, things to look forward to. So far I've only found magnets and sippy cups in the lower cabinets.