Friday, July 2, 2010

Photo shoot FAIL

Welp, I had a 3:00pm appointment scheduled today for the kiddos to have professional pictures taken together. For the first time in like, a year. It was long overdue and I was super excited to have found them (reasonably priced,) adorable matching outfits for the occasion. I couldn't wait!

However, said photo shoot ended up having to be cancelled.

Why, you may ask? 

Here's the breakdown of how today actually went down:

10am- Gav falls & smashes his eye into ottoman in living room. Eye = puffy, red, swollen and squinty. (but otherwise ok thank God!) Redness begins to disappear and I think to myself, there's still hope!

11am- Ave & Gav decide to play in bathroom. Gav smashes Ave in the head with toilet lid. Ave now has impressive gash on forehead, in the shape of toilet lid, in addition to swollen red eyes from crying about it. I think to myself, maybe there's still hope, depending on how quickly she stops sobbing about this incident and perpetuating the swollen eyes look...

12noon-  Gav smashes his lunch (eggplant & pasta) all over himself, including in ears, up nostrils, and in hair. Awesome. I think to myself, I should probably cancel this appointment. Eggplant and pasta sauce isn't easy to scrub off a squirmy baby...

2pm-  Ave decides to "tattoo" herself. With permanent marker. I think to myself, silly me for making an afternoon photo appointment and for attempting to maintain order until 3pm. I then call and cancel the photo appointment.

And proceed to enjoy a 2:30-in-the-afternoon-glass-of-wine.

:-)

No comments: