Monday, January 18, 2010

Talk about wanting to look your best...

Just wanted to share a quick anecdote of my day today.  While I sat in the waiting room of the Dermatologist this morning, a VERY old -- borderline ancient-- woman sauntered in, cane and all, and proceeded to the check-in window.


"Hi, I am here for a 10:45 appointment with Dr. Ellerin," she stated in an upbeat tone.

The receptionist asked for her name and date of birth to check her in, and the woman replied Cynthia something, and that her date of birth was

"One - twenty two - fifteen."

It's not too often these days that you hear someone's birth year as being "fifteen"  -- and so of course I immediately begin doing the math in my head, with the subtle assistance of my fingers as I counted the decades...fifteen, twenty-five, thirty-five...

"OH MY GOD! This woman is NINETY FIVE years old!!!"  I quickly realized, and then hoped to God that I hadn't announced my discovery out loud.

Cynthia proceeded to tell the receptionist that she was here for her 2nd of a 4-part laser skin rejuvenation session.

Wow, I thought to myself....Good for her. Almost a century old and still taking pride in her skin!!

I can only hope that at her age, I'm still vain enough to be driving myself to my skin rejuvenation appointments...in the middle of a blizzard!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hope you wished her an almost Happy Birthday! Love the blog, Tracey!