Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More tea ASAP!!!

As I lay sick & miserable in bed on this icky,  raw, damp, dark evening, combating the first nasty head cold of the 2010 fall/winter season, I listened from behind my closed bedroom door to the pandemonium fervent efforts put forth by my husband to round up the troops for bedtime, (albeit an hour and fifteen minutes late.) 

I heard no tooth-brushing. No tucking-in. No bedtime songs, no before-bed potty-ing. No picking out stories, or zippering up of footie pajammies. None of these things.

But what I did hear, was giggling...lots and lots of quiet, conspicuous giggling. Soon followed by the quick little pitter-pattering footsteps up and down the hallway...and then more giggling, which soon erupted into explosive belly laughter. 

I quickly muted the TV and strained my (clogged, throbbing) ears to hear what was going on outside my door.

And then I heard the following:

Ava: "I'm the naked Elf! I'm the naked Elf! I'm the naked-est Elf!!!"

Gavin: (pitter-pattering down the hallway after her,) "Bum-bum! Bum-bum! Bum-bum!" 
(*followed immediately by the sound of 2 tiny little brother hands spanking his big-sissy's bum.)


Two things are for certain at this very moment...

1). I better start chugging more of this herbal looseleaf tea and get better ASAP before things get any more out of control around here,

and

2). I freakin' love my life.   :-)


That's all.




No comments: