Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lost my little roomie...

So it's official, last night was Gav's first night in his crib, in his room. ALL by himself. Gone are the days of peering over the side of my bed at him all hours of the night, to see him gracefully sleeping in his bassinet; hearing every little breath & hiccup & noise all night long. No more reaching over to feel his warm chest rise & fall "...just to be sure." (don't judge this until you are a parent.) I will miss waking up to the most smiley, happy boy looking up at me with those beautiful, blue "Good mornin' Mamma!" eyes. Maybe it's the fact that he will be the last of our babies to ever use the bassinet, and thus the last time we will ever have a baby sleep at our bedside. Maybe it's the 5-month post-partum hormones kicking in. Or maybe it's all of the above...Either way, despite the tears I shed and the ambivalence I had about moving him, we all made it through the night. And the silver lining? Look how "unhappy" and "not comfy" he looked this morning when we all went in to say good morning to him together.





No comments: