Sunday, February 7, 2010

Zamboner

While everyone else in the country is, at this very moment, attending Superbowl parties and consuming twelve times their daily caloric allotment in the forms of potato skins, pigs-in-blankets and Budweiser for the sake of good ol' American football, I am avoiding this temptation altogether. How, you may ask?  Well of course by snuggling on my cozy living room couch in jammies with my daughter, discussing her upcoming week at school.  Here is the highlight of the conversation that just ensued:

A: "Mommy, I think we are going to learn even more about the Hoolympics this week!  I am so excited!"

Me: "Awesome, that will be so much fun! What have you learned already?"

A: "Well actually, we learned that after a big hockey game, a massive machine called a Zamboner comes onto the ice and cleans it all up. I wish I could ride on one, it sounds really cool!"

Me: "Wait... what is that really cool ice-cleaning machine called again?"

A: "A Zamboner."

Me: "I think you mean to say, a Zam-BONI, right?"

A:  "No, a Zam-BONER. I'm sure that's what it's called."