Monday, February 1, 2010

My Little Picasso

Ava's artsy, creative side is in full bloom these days (which I am loving!) and I wanted to share with all of you a couple of her latest creations. Beaming a huge, proud, confident grin, she rolled up both pieces of 8.5 by 11 inch computer paper scroll-style (her typical presentation tactic) and awarded them to me today. Per usual, I asked her for an explanation of each creation. I always find it fascinating to hear the story behind a picture, out of her mouth. And so, in her own words, she described to me that the first picture is a "purple daisy-- or wait, maybe a pansy-- on a very tall, bumpy mountain." (*please note that this is the first flower she's ever drawn, that actually resembles a flower! I was so proud!)


 

And as for the second creation? Ava informed me that this little masterpiece is a picture of "a friendly, slithering caterpillar leaving the gate to go find the mushroom on the tall, tall stairs, with a four, an L, and a T in the sky..."  Of course!




And last but not least, please note her very unique John Hancock; (A-V-A, always bearing a line overhead, with some dots over each letter...) What an eccentric, creative little Picasso she is evolving into, and I am loving every single minute of it  :-)

No comments: